Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Another day in the life of the Lgotti Collection!

Today was just another day in the life of the Lgotti Collection! It started off with  meetings that were set up by a close family friend and sport agent David Canter (DEC Management). As I headed to the first meeting the client was in the middle of closing a very big deal and couldn't get off the phone. As I sat there listening to the client close his deal I began preparing a few fabrics I had in mind to show him. Do to his conversation taking longer then expected I was worried I may be late for my next appt. As we finished picking the fabrics I started to measure him up! All of a sudden a crowd outside his office window began to watch as if they have never seen anything like it before.and we then had an audience.  Heads started popping in with curious questions. Before I knew it all my new clients co-workers were asking me to stop by there office and show them fabrics too.As I started banging them out one by one I realized it was time for my 2nd appt already and I was going to be be late. BTW did I mention I had to rent a truck and move our old office and seamstress into our new showroom all before my 4pm appt. with Dwyane Wades assistant?!?!?! As im rushing to my 2nd appt. I called him up to let him no I was running a few behind. I got lucky as he was caught in a meeting as well thats taking longer then expected. So finally I make it to the truck rental and of course they only had a the smallest truck possible. Since I have no choice and its 2pm already I grab the truck and starting zooming to the seamstress's house. We load the truck up super fast with me literally lifting her massive and super heavy sewing tables and equipment up on the truck while I break my already broken back. All I could think about though was not being late for my 4pm. As the sweat drips down the back of my neck I race to the old office and again load that 10 footer as fast as I could stuffing it to the max. As I head down 95 listening to everything in the back move and roll over I realize its 30 minutes till 4pm and I still need to prepare my fabrics for D. Wades stylist and 2 of the books I needed were with another rep who needed to borrow them. I was stressing out but knew I could get it done in time and wasn't giving up. As I pull up to the new showroom I quickly start getting the fabrics in order so I would be prepared. We knocked out 1 tuxedo, and 4 suits with the tuxedo being reversible which I have never done before but know its gonna be hot! As I wrap up the appt. I unload the truck and see I got 30 minutes to return the truck before the place closes or I would have to keep it for another day. I fly up 95 and get it there as the last person was locking up the truck company's doors. Thank Gd she was really nice and stayed a few more minutes so I could return it.
Another day in the life of the Lgotti Collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment